Thursday, June 9, 2011

Drive Angry


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

Like Season of the Witch we have yet another Nicolas Cage film that will not receive a cinema release in Australia. This one pisses me off more though, firstly because it's actually awesome and secondly because I won't be able to see this wondrously exploitative film in 3D unless I can find some one with a 3D TV. The next best thing is getting the Bluray ordered from America.Still if they went to the trouble of shooting in 3D I'd prefer to see it that way at least once.

This film is so delightfully trashy. Everyone in it is the ultimate badass. William Fichtner as The Accountant is the coolest thing I've seen all year. It also features the best shootout-whilst-having-sex scene I've seen since Shoot 'Em Up. Like that film we are dealing with a baby as the cause of all the fuss. But unlike The Clinic it's not really the focus and everything else is so much fun I don't care.

I really liked Patrick Lussier's remake of My Bloody Valentine and here he just lets loose with the crazy. It's a highly enjoyable ride and one I wish I could have seen as intended, on the big screen in 3D.

No comments:

Post a Comment