Thursday, December 8, 2011

Puss in Boots


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Jordan, Amberly

Well it's far better than the last 2 Shrek films that's for sure. For an animated film from Dreamworks I was surprised at how slow and boring the start was. I mean there was running and swordplay but theres a bunch of clunky exposition to get out.

The best thing about the film is the 3D, it's really great and definitely worth the effort to see for that. It's not as post modern annoying as Shrek but it's still nowhere near as great as How to Train your Dragon or even Kung Fu Panda 2.

It does feel like a spin off film. It's not very grand in scale and despite having such great technical look there's never much weight to anything that happens. Or perhaps it's just me. But it was fun enough and there were one or two jokes that I really liked. I also like the split screens. Sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment