Saturday, January 21, 2012

Redline


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Paul, Michael

Technically I saw this 2 years ago at film festival and It's certainly something on the big screen but I consider it a current release as the bluray has just come out.

THIS IS A MUST SEE!

I'd forgotten how batshit insane and joyous this film is. It's nothing but pure inventive fun and the most stylish and eclectic anime I've seen in forever.

I've been watching all the Ghibli titles so this is a nice change of pace. In the same way those film are slower and poignant, this is fast, loud and has some element of pretty much every major anime classic thrown in. It would make a great double with Speed Racer.

It's hard to describe the pure joy experienced watching this. Just watch it and you'll see, your life will be better after you've experienced this.

No comments:

Post a Comment