Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Time Bandits


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

What a trailer.

This is one of those Terry Gilliam films I saw once, a long time ago and very much forgot most of. I was basically watching it for the first time here although I had very vague memories of bits and pieces.

It's easy to see why now I've seen it again, it all plays out like some strange dream. It's not exactly the most cohesive film either but there are a lot of cool things in it and of course, some utterly bizarre. Being a Gilliam film there's some nice imagery too, although I must admit I don't like this as much as some of his other work.

And there's a quite the mean streak going through this film. You'd have a hard time ending a film the way this film does at any studio today.

Interesting to watch again, but it'll probably be a while before I get back to it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment