Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Machine Gun Preacher


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

I've seen something about that Kony chap pop up on my facebook feeds over the past few weeks but I've never actually looked at any of them. So this was my introduction to that whole thing. Marc Forster continues to make perfectly adequate films. Some of them I really like others I find interesting but never overly engaging. This was one of them.

Unexpected Michael Shannon attack! Hooray.

Gerard Butler does a good job. I still find his accent to distinctive to believe he can pass for American, but that might just be me. I like how they twist his preaching from uplifting to very scary over the corse of the film.

Even though it's based on a true story it still follows a pretty standard plot. It's interesting though but for me, never overly engaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment