Saturday, May 12, 2012

Wish You Were Here


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

This serious film was made unintentionally hilarious by the private commentary I got from the group of old people sitting behind me in the theatre. The poor dears just couldn't comprehend the concept of non-linear storytelling and the best they could do to figure out what was going on was to read out loud every single bit of text or information that came up on screen, be it a sign post or a letter or even the production company logos at the start. Equal parts infuriating and adorable.

Despite the narrative jumps back and forth I found the story to be pretty simple and the mystery to be not so mysterious. And apart from that mystery all the film has to offer is a bit of martial drama, so I didn't find much to engage me, which is probably why I spent a good deal of time listening to old people or notice that one of the number plates in the film had my initials.

Looks nice though. I guess it was alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment