Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Detention


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Jordan

There needs to be more films made like this. Correction: There needs to be more people that end up seeing films like this. I never saw Torque but I know Joseph Kahn went to director jail because of it and ended up just making this one independently. Which is the only way films like this can get made.

Gloriously off the wall, completely bat-shit insane and even though I can recognise that it can be a bit of a mess at times, I could not help but love every minute of it. It just goes for broke. Undoubtably it's going to turn many people off but this was like movie crack for me. It also wins the award for most references in a film ever. I think I got most of them too.

Josh Hutcherson, what a champ. Every film I see him in I like him more and more.

I don't want to spoil the fun for anyone so I'm just gonna say, this is a MUST SEE film and if you hate it that's completely fine. But look out for it and give it a try anyway because it may just be your new favourite film.

No comments:

Post a Comment