Thursday, August 2, 2012

Magic Mike


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

It's that stripper movie!

Man, Soderbergh loves that yellow look. He seems to colour grade everything like that these days.

After walking out of Step Up 4, I like that this reminded me where Channing Tatum started out. He still got the moves. And little Stormbreaker is growing up too. The rest of the male cast have very interesting stories hinted at but frustratingly we never get around to them.

It seems to be a fairly level headed portrayal of the profession. Well, what would I know? It certainly caters well to the female demographic though.

Soderbergh and the actors keep things flowing and moving naturally. I love they way we always cut out of a scene what feels like a beat too early. Cody Horn almost comes across as boring she's so understated but I didn't actually have a problem with her. I enjoyed the whole thing just fine. I don't know about a musical version or a sequel but this one stands on its own well enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment