Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Campaign


First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Jordan

After making some award winning political dramas for HBO Jay Roach is back to doing comedy but he still seems to have something to say about the American political process.

I find Will Ferrell hit and miss. I'm glad to say I think this film has more hit than miss though, definitely one of his better films. Zach Galifianakis is also great here and there's a killer supporting cast. For me, Dylan McDermott stole the show, purely with his entrances and exits from scene to scene.

I needed a laugh and this film provided. The film probably won't have much staying power, they sacrificed going all the way with theme for going all the way with silly comedy. It's a tricky tightrope for sure but a darker ending that really brought the message home would have killed the fun tone, so I think they made the right choice and still get their point across.

I totally ate 2 hot dogs during the film. A novelty that was sure to increase my enjoyment of anything. This film, like those hot dogs, wasn't nutritious at all but man it hit the spot for a quick fix when I needed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment