Saturday, September 15, 2012

Kath & Kimderella


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

I thought the series was just ok. The film however left a lot to be desired. Probably not best to go and see by yourself in the middle of the day though.

My favourite part was actually a joke in the opening credits which read "and introducing Barry Humphries." That got a laugh from me but it was pretty much downhill from there.

The fairytale mash-up was a bit messy. Richard E. Grant's hair flicks made me giggle. Worst fx work ever, possibly on purpose? I can't tell. And did they shoot this on 16mm? Have they heard of colour grading? It looks like it was shot in the early 90's. Judging by the talent involved and the style humour, that's probably where it belongs. Surly we are all over this by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment