Thursday, December 13, 2012

Rise of the Guardians


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

Yeah, it's just missing that certain something that makes an okay movie a memorable one. Perhaps it's just we've seen all these elements before so many times, not together like this, but still it doesn't feel particularly new or interesting.

There's a lot of great technical work on display, I like much of the natural feeling camera movement, the 3d works great with the multitudes of different kinds of particles throughout the film, and just look at all that Bokeh. But something about the designs just never grabbed me.

I'm also pretty cynical and all that stuff about making kids believe in non-existant entities has always annoyed me, so take that with a grain of salt.  Certainly not the worst attempt at a holiday film though, it was pretty good but I did want this to take off and it just sat there.

No comments:

Post a Comment