Sunday, February 3, 2013

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Tyler

Bless Brad Silberling and his love of giant old school sets. Finally thought to give the bluray a spin and it's such a stunning looking film. I remember really enjoying this one the few times I saw it at the cinema but it's been a while and I forgot the massively talented cast they amassed for even the smallest parts, even though the trailer advertise it as Jim Carrey's film. Although he does do quite a job too.

I really wish this film had done better because I am desperate to see the rest of the stories adapted but now I never will. The film does work well on its own but leaves quite a lot of mysteries unanswered. I really love the dark tone of it, the comedy works great, the stylised world they've created is amazing and Thomas Newman's music is very Thomas Newman and brilliant.

So disappointing I don't get more. But I still really love this one. Oh and the opening animation and closing credit design is awesome as well haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment