Monday, March 25, 2013

Citadel


First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Tyler, Kate

This film is a little slow going but I just love films like this that just build up a world using real locations that's slightly fantastic but rooted in realism. That kind of mythology that you used to see a lot in J-horror. Something about the premise for these evil guys also reminded me of early Cronenberg. So I really enjoyed all that about it.

I really love the look of the film and the locations they used. It's a great looking and sounding film. The pace is very deliberate and for a short running time it still does feel like it drags in the middle but there are some good suspense sequences that are built off that. The resolution, whilst explosive, is not entirely satisfying.

So, I was a fan of the tone, the look and the premise but the pacing and the end held it back a little. I wish it explored the ideas it set up a little more. Still I'd recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment