Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Damsels in Distress


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Tyler

Oh my lord this is just brilliant. The most indescribable college comedy film I've ever seen. These characters had me in stitches from beginning to end with their naively altruistic ramblings. Whit Stillman's last film was 13 years ago, and I only just recently saw The Last Days of Disco but I enjoyed that one greatly. This film is far less ambitious and the tone is quite different. There's a very 1940's musical vibe going on, which is very odd but completely delightful.

In fact that's the best way for me to describe the film. Very odd but completely delightful. The film exists in its own world. Not to everyone's taste I'm sure but like I said before, I could not stop laughing a these characters antics right the way through. Don't expect any American Pie style frat boy pranks or big slapstick and comedic set pieces, this is all much smaller character and dialogue based humor. Along with a good dollop of tapdancing.

Watch this one immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment