Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Haunted House


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes

Well I really don't like these spoof movies but if I have to see one I'd rather it be one like this, that actually has some semblance of plot and characters to take you through gags that are worked organically into the story and don't just rely on referential humour.

The Scary Movie franchise has devolved into a parade of tabloid celebrities and references to anything that happened to be trending on twitter the morning they shot. I refuse to watch the 5th film, I just can't do that to myself. But back when Marlon Wayans was working on number 2 it still seemed to be trying to have original laughs and fit the jokes into a cohesive story. And this film does that too, so I have to give it props for that, even if I don't find the humour funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment