Thursday, May 23, 2013

Klown


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes

The Hangover 3 left a bad taste in my mouth. So I came home and watched this because I recall the namecheck from the trailer.

Holy shitballs this thing is extreme. Hilarious and very dangerous. There's some pretty shocking behaviour on display and it's equal parts marvellous and shocking. I can't even begin to describe... oh man. That trailer can barley hint at what goes on in the film.

Best of all they wrap it up in a very American formulaic stock family comedy story. A man about to become a father takes his nephew on a boys-only camping trip to prove his worth at being a responsible adult to his girlfriend. I see Hollywood is already trying to remake this one, I doubt it will get through any studio system, at least not with the more extreme elements intact.

That poor kid. He's fantastic though, priceless reactions. Now I don't know anything about the Danish television series that comes before this but the film stands alone and the characters are easy to get a handle on. See this instead of that Hangover cash-in. It'll be far more satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment