Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Call


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes

Brad Anderson sure knows how to ratchet up the tension. This is a really great closed quarters thriller premise. Abigail Breslin trapped in the trunk of a car and Halle Berry powerless to do anything but talk on the phone. 

The trailer gives away some third act scenes, and I thought those moments would really strain credibility. They do I guess, but the the film had been so darn great up until that point I didn't mind as much. 

However the last 2 minutes really trashed all the good will the film built up. Very unfortunate as the rest of the film is probably the best tense thriller I've seen at the cinema in a very long time. I'd highly recommend going to see it, but only if you can ignore the very last bit. Maybe just leave at the first sign of resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment