Sunday, October 13, 2013

Diana


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes

Probably should have called it Diana and Hasnat, but I guess that doesn't have the same ring to it. The film focuses almost exclusively on this relationship and consequently much of the running time feels like repetition, going through the "I love you / you're too famous we have to break up" cycle again and again.

Naomi Watts does a good impression though.

I don't want to seem hypocritical, considering I've been annoyed at biopics like Jobs, which tried to tell the whole story and end up not being interesting at all but I think this film needed a better angle, there's not much here which just makes it feel more exploitative. 

And for a film that's primarily close ups in fancy rooms, it should have been more in-focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment