Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Turning


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes

So what is this? Like an anthology movie? Without the program that comes with the cost of the ticket, I'd have no idea that characters or stories were linked. And most of the shorts don't stand on their own very well. I don't know the book it's based on so this was just 3 hours of esoteric Australian drama, which is kind of my worst nightmare.

So yeah, this didn't work for me at all. Some of it was pretty, much of it was bearable but it was just repeatedly unsatisfying, especially for someone who craves narrative. Oh, and whoever wrote the music for the Abbreviation segment did a really shitty Magnolia rip-off... (Full disclosure, that might have been me.)

An interesting, if unsuccessful experiment. So upsetting to me that precious Australian funding is wasted on stuff like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment