Thursday, December 12, 2013

Battle of the Year


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes

Another year, another 3D dance movie. Oh man this one's a doozy. Hilariously inept dialogue and scenes with probably the most blatant product placement I've ever seen in any film since Mac and Me. Apart from just being a big ad for a multitude of Sony products and Braun shaving the film blatantly uses chunks of the documentary Planet B-Boy (now streaming from Sony's online store to PS Vita...) to get the coach played by Josh Holloway, and the audience up to speed on what exactly B-Boy-ing is. And in truth the dancing style did nothing for me, I don't really get it. The 3D was, umm, a thing.

In all honesty the dialogue and forced drama was so hilariously bad that I really enjoyed myself enough to reccomend this one to those of you that like that sort of torture. Josh Peck was the only actor who got one or two genuine laughs from me and he did the best at selling the material but really, there's nothing much here but another forgettable trashy dance movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment