Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Visitor


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: No
Watched With: Tyler, Jordan

Where the hell did this come from. I don't even know where to begin. I know there's an uncut version coming out soon too, which is why I heard of it in the first place. Apparently the uncut version is supposed to help make sense of some of the various strange goings on but even then, this is still pretty far out there. 

There's a cast that just doesn't quite make sense me. What an odd bunch of people. And they do their best to make the crazy material work, which just makes everything even better at how serious it all is. 

I do love a good evil child story. This one throws in diminutional alien beings with a whole universal good evil battle thing going on. And there's some cool visuals too.

But that's also coupled with a pretty slow moving story that was at times a little too esoteric for its own good. 

But I am glad I've seen it. There was some gold buried in there. Some truly ridiculous lines, line readings, great old school edits and fx. The music! My lord, the music. I might just have to give the uncut version a go around... 

No comments:

Post a Comment