Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Invasion of the Body Snatchers


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: No

I've seen all the other versions, but never the original! Finally got around to it. What a great and creepy paranoid thriller. Love the noir high key lighting that creeps in over the course of the film. And the wonderful score. It's a really great slow build, I think we all know where it's going but the whole not falling asleep thing works so well. Just like in Nightmare on Elm St. I guess. There is a slightly more happy ending than I'm used to with one of these films. It's really just more a massive sigh of relief for the audience and the protagonist that someone finally catches on to what's happening. Don't know how I feel about the voice over narration, but I guess it work ok, as it's told in retrospect. So glad to have finally seen it, all cleaned up in HD too.

No comments:

Post a Comment