Friday, July 18, 2014

Lifeforce


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Tyler

I saw this once ages ago and barley remembered it. It's a fun film, but kinda all over the place. Space vampires. Sort of. It's also predominantly British which makes it feel like an old Hammer horror film. The make up and animatronic effects are fun and Henry Mancini's score is wonderfully grandiose. There's some neat old school effects (and some not so great ones too).

The plot and tone goes all over the place though. While there's some pretty outrageous stuff theres also a lot that doesn't work very well. Ideas that aren't fully developed and crammed in to an overstuffed story. And then a heap of expository dialogue scenes that are just laughable.

It's such a strange film, I don't know if I really like it or not. I feels like the kind of film I should like and there's certainly a lot going for it. I'll have to try again in another few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment