Sunday, October 19, 2014

A Walk Among the Tombstones


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes

Don't know the books but the film is another gritty Liam Neeson thriller. More like an old school gumshoe story, A private detective who gets a big case dumped in his lap. It follows all the beats I'd expect, it's pretty dark and gloomy and the cast do a good job.

David Harbour plays one of the main villains, really creepy character. But so some reason I just want to laugh at everything he does. There must be some past role lodged in my subconscious but I was happy to see him every time he popped up, which worked horribly for the film but was amusing to me. It's always odd when that happens. 

Don't expect a big Taken style action film, this is a slow methodical detective mystery with occasional bursts of violence. Dunno how it compares to the books but as a film it's quite enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment