Thursday, December 18, 2014

Annie


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Tyler, Warwick

I think I was gobsmacked through this entire film. Not in a good way. So many ill-concieved decisions. Cameron Diaz, just, what is going on. Jamie Foxx is the only cast member who can sing here but it doesn't really matter because they've rewritten all the songs to sound more like boring modern single chord pop tunes with repeated phrases rather than lyrics.

I don't really know the original musical that well but some of the adaptation decisions are truly baffling. The moral I get from this film is that private corporations monitoring our every move is lifesaving.

The funniest part of the film was the twilight-like parody film within the film. In the film it was attributed to Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. If they actually did make it, it would explain why it's the funniest part of the film. At least it was a distraction from the actual movie.

I must admit I did laugh all the way through the film. mostly because I was flabbergasted at how much this film feels like its own satire. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment