Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Neverending Story II: The Next Chapter


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

I'm on a 1990 binge it seems. Much like int he film, I saw this one sitting on the shelf and something drew me to it.

Sad that Jonathan Brandis died young, but I have to admit now I find him a little too aww shucks all american boy wonder in this film compared to Barret Oliver in the first film. Obviously the first film is a far superior film, but this was the first one I saw at a cinema and one of the first memories I have of seeing a film on the big screen. Those giant black crab things scared me bad but they look kinda stupid now.

I always like the evil castle being in the shape of a hand. A hand that shoot lazers. The metaphor of losing memories and having an emptiness inside make far more sense to me now than when I was 5 but it's nowhere near as cool as how the first one works.

But it's an alright film, I barely remember the 3rd at all but I did remember a lot of this one. Now I'll probably have that damn theme song stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment