Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Everything Must Go


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

I can handle Will Ferrell in certain things but sometimes his characters rub me the wrong way. I always wonder if I will get annoying Will Ferrell or good Will Ferrell. This was not annoying Will Ferrell, he's not doing some whacky outlandish idiot character thank God.

The film, although quite funny, is more plaintive. It's you probably won't laugh out loud but you might smirk a little. The problem on the drama side of this was I just couldn't get invested in the character. It's a simple film, small ambitions, small character arcs, it can feel like nothing much is happening most of the time. Although things did brighten up when Laura Dern came on screen. I wish she was in it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment