Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Drive


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Jordan, Paul

Here's my first write up. The structuring becomings abundantly clear the second time through. You also realise how much time it takes to set up the events and characters. I suppose walking out of the film the first time you are too busy to think about all the events in the last half of the film to remember how much is done in the first half.

I also want to mention fonts quickly. I really liked the font they used for the titles in this film. It's just screams L.A. and has a very 80's vibe too it. Also having just watched Anonymous and seeing the unimaginative and rather cheap looking standard Herculean font used in abundance it really did make me appreciate it more. Anonymous looks like it was made in iMovie and Drive looks like it was optically composited on film. Fonts make a difference.

A friend had posted this on facebook JUST as I got back from the screening. Strangely enough it was something I was thinking about a lot during the film, so I thought I'd share it with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment