Friday, January 27, 2012

Freeway


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Amberly, Leith

I've been waiting for an excuse to watch this again. Gloriously trashy and dark retelling of Little Red Riding Hood and As much as I loveTracy Flick from Election, I think this is my all time favourite Reese Witherspoon role.

I originally found out about this film listening to one of those early Danny Elfman compilation albums. The music intrigued me. Then when I finally saw the film I was blown away, it's just the kind of thing I love and everyone in it looks to be having a great time. Kiefer Sutherland is especially great.

Seeing how the story plays out and how close they manage to stick to the riding hood story is a lot fun. Transplanting it to the white trash world is great. Even the heroine has a very dark side of her own that comes to the fore towards the end.

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment