Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Evil Dead


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

It's been almost 4 days since I last saw a film. I have been flat out with work and have unexpectedly found myself spearheading a campaign to get Cabin in the Woods released here in Australia theatrically. Roadshow changed their mind and decided to dump it to dvd. Bastards! So please do everything in your power to help out.

I decided I should watch this today. It's never not a good time to watch this icon of independent horror. Sam Raimi's masterpiece and probably the best cabin in the woods horror ever made (except for it's sequel, which I think mixes horror and comedy in perfect amounts and is my favourite of the series).

This film is just manic. The camera angles and movement and accompanying sound design almost make this cartoonish. It's larger than life. The gore and effects, while low budget and a little rough around the edges, are pulled off with glee and gusto.

And of course, The Chin. Joyous. The man is some kind of god.

It's a little strange in the widescreen aspect ratio on bluray, I don't like knowing half the image is cropped out, but it's still great to have in HD. It's just one of the best movies ever made. It does make me feel a little better too.

No comments:

Post a Comment