Friday, June 22, 2012

That's My Boy


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Stacy

Adam Sandler has become a joke himself lately. His family films have all been hard to bare but for some reason make a boatload of money. Thankfully he's returned to the r-rated antics that made him a star. It's still nothing to write home about but it's a step up from recent efforts.

Sandler's annoying voice shtick is balanced out by all the good will I have towards Andy Samberg. I was also interested to see Sean Anders get behind the director's chair again after doing some good and not-so-good studio writing gigs. I was a big fan of Sex Drive and the way they did their unrated dvd version is even more hilarious. But this one amounts to just another run-of-the-mill comedy. It's not terrible but I didn't get much out of it.

This one goes to some weird places too. Why is James Caan in this? Vanilla Ice? Oddly enough I found Milo Ventimiglia to be the funniest person in the film. But his plot line is pretty out there.

Ultimately it's pretty forgettable but at least it's not Jack and Jill.

No comments:

Post a Comment