Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Sam, Tim, Matt

Never before has such a perfect storm of events collided to create exactly what I'm feeling right now, which is possibly the worst case of post movie depression I've ever had. I reserve the right to withhold my current opinions of the film until I have seen it again with a less clouded head, a clearer atmosphere, lowered expectations and some more time to process. I'm afraid after having not seen a film of any kind for a week and a half may have in fact broken me. Perhaps I've forgotten how to watch them. As it stands I don't like my opinion of the film and I don't trust it. I fear this first screening experience may have tainted it for good though. I've never felt so out of touch with everyone else's reactions.

I definitely need to rewatch the other films of the series as soon as possible. And I'm seeing this film again tomorrow night at the midnight screening, although I think that might be too soon. I'm just gonna leave it here for now. I'll write something more legible when I've got back in the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment