Monday, October 1, 2012

Dr. No


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Tyler, Paul

The latest Bond film is imminent. I've never been a huge Bond fan, I do enjoy the few I've seen, mainly the later ones that came out as I was growing up. I've only seen a handful of earlier ones so I'm gonna attempt to get through them all leading up to the newest release.

Dr. No, 50 years ago. And not quite the Bond we know today, this film is a pretty slow paced spy thriller that's surprisingly light on action and heavy on talking heads. The villain doesn't even appear until the last half hour.

It's practically impossible for me to judge this in context, when I'm so used the the Pierce Brosnan films and this just seems so far removed from that. However a lot of the iconography is in place. And I love the title sequence. 

This is one of the few I had seen before but it was cool to watch in HD too, looks great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment