Sunday, November 25, 2012

Where The Wild Things Are


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Tyler

A film of contradictions if ever I saw one. Fascinating though, I really love it. Made an interesting double with Tideland too.

A children's book made into a film that I'm sure children can enjoy but it has a very adult drama feeling. There is a wonderful sense of playful danger to the proceedings. And the monsters are beautifully realised with a mixture of amazing creature suits and composited faces.

I must admit the incessant indie music soundtrack makes me want to blow my brains out.

This is a film all about the feels. I think it succeeds in capturing that feeling of the disillusioned youth. It might fail as a fun family film but I'm not sure it was ever intended to be that anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment