Friday, December 14, 2012

Star Trek


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Tyler

Watched the new Star Trek trailer and thought I'd check this out again. Make a Chris Pine double feature while I'm at it.

This is the first simultaneous official sequel/reboot/prequel that I know of. They have their cake and eat it too. And it's rather tasty.

I was never a Trekkie, this was a Star Wars household. But I knew just enough to get the majority of in-jokes, references and set-ups. The recasting of these iconic characters worked pretty well I think. And despite his now hilarious lens flare obsession, J.J. Abrams has made a thoroughly entertaining film.

Aww and I forgot about Chris Hemsworth and Jennifer Morrison in that little prologue. That's neat.

Well now the've got their pieces in place, can't wait to see where they decide to go from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment