Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Broken City


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Belinda

They've managed to make a thriller with very little thrills. Actors are all great, it's technically well put together and the story is alright but again most of the twists and turns were to telegraphed or easily suggested in the trailer. So perhaps if you haven't seen the trailer yet you might get more out of this than I did.

I did enjoy it though, I just wished they cranked up the urgency a little quicker because the whole first half felt like a standard detective procedural. The climax builds to a bit of a catch 22 and I like the way they resolved it, I guess that's what makes the film stand out from the crowd.

You'll enjoy it while you watch it. There are a few thrills and one or two jump scares added in for good measure but never hits as high as it should to make it memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment