Thursday, April 4, 2013

Jurassic Park


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Tyler, Kate, Ant, Cicely, Kelly, Clint, Brad, Grady, Xoe, Jaemie, Matt

Write Up.

Finally I have seen Jurassic Park in a cinema. In IMAX 3d no less. And it was everything I hoped it would be. Still works amazingly well. An added bonus was sitting next to someone who had never seen it before and experiencing their reactions to watching it for the first time. So great.

The sound is amazing, I picked up 2 or 3 lines I'd never even heard before, and I was sure I know the film off by heart. For the most part the 3d conversion looks pretty good. There are a few moments where you can see elements have been replaced or are oddly skewed but they did a good job with some of the trickier shots with window reflections and and rain drops and stuff like that. I noticed they painted out the scratches in the glass on the final shot, I wonder if there was anything else they touched up.

Some of the shots looked sharpened a little, I don't know if there was a DNR filter done on it or if that's just a result of the usual IMAX rescaling. Interesting to see that they used the full height of the digital IMAX frame. I don't know if that means they cropped off the edges or opened up the original frame. Anyway I plan on seeing it again somewhere else to have another look.

So great!

No comments:

Post a Comment