Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Deep


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Tyler

Is the treasure worth the terror.

IS IT?!?!?!

I've had this one sitting around for many years, having seen the cover and mistaken it for The Abyss a couple of times. I also noted the director was Peter Yates, who was also responserble for one of my personal favourites, Krull.

This is a neat 70's thriller, with a very young Nick Nolte and Robert Shaw, who seems to be reprising his role as Quint from Jaws. It was like a serious version of Fool's Gold. (I'm sorry to bring up that film...) There's treasure hunters, voodoo madness, sharks and a big ass eel that I knew from the moment he first showed up would steal the show. Amazing.

There's also some amazing 70's hair.

Very enjoyable and glad to finally cross this one off the to-see list.

No comments:

Post a Comment