Saturday, September 28, 2013

The Shining


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Michael, Naomi, Alex

What an atmospheric film. So great to finally see this on the big screen. I was watching it this time imagining how it would play without the music. It would be a very boring. Or comical, with those crazy performances. The use of music here is so pivotal.

And the cinematography always amazes me, knowing how much of the film is a set. And filmed in the summer.

I always found this film more creepy than horrifying and seeing it at the cinema really amplifies that tone. I always thought Jack Nicholson never really gradually became crazy, that it just clicked once they were one month in. So much time is spent making tension that there is not really anything left to develop plot so it's a good thing they keep it simple.

Always a pleasure to watch. My god those 70's carpets.

No comments:

Post a Comment