Thursday, November 21, 2013

Night Train to Lisbon


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes

This must have been one of the most annoying cinema going experiences I've had. I don't mean to be ageist but all those old people who don't understand that phones can be switched to silent or that commentating through the entire feature or that the cinema is not their lounge room can be quite aggravating. Isn't it normally the old people that have to tell the kids that?

Anyway it didn't help much that the film didn't provide sufficient interest to overpower all these distractions. Jeremy Irons becomes fascinated with the life of some mysterious author but that doesn't mean that we do, especially if we're given no reason to care about his life or why Irons' character follows him up. 

It's well put together but I found it dreadfully bland. And I may start avoiding sessions where I suspect the blue rinse crowd will gather en masse.

No comments:

Post a Comment