Saturday, February 22, 2014

Knights Of Badassdom


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes

Oh man that was a little disappointing. After such a long wait and with such a fun concept and a cool cast too, 5 years on the shelf and then the film finally gets released by a studio who took the film away from the director and re-edited it. Now I can't say if they made the film worse or better, but I can say that it really does feel truncated and the end feels like it was a band-aid hastily made out of left over and repeated footage.

There's some really fun stuff here though, some great comedic and horror moments. Jimmi Simpson is especially hilarious. And there is some nice gore. Although the VFX leave something to be desired.

I did like the film, but I really hope I can one day see the directors cut. I feel like, even if it IS not as good, at least the editing would make more sense...

No comments:

Post a Comment