Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: No
Watched With: Kate, Andrew

Ok we jump ahead to the 70's now. I've never seen the robot version of Godzilla, he's pretty nifty, with a few tricks up his sleeve. But more importantly this film introduced me to King Ceasar, the adorable lion-dog guardian. I love him.

Again there's aliens. And the human segments drag things out. But the aliens are humanoids that turn into rejected extras from the Planet of the Apes series. And they have kung-fu fights with interpol agents. It sounds fun but just goes on way too long for a movie where we really just want to see the monsters fight.

Again, once the final fight kicks off I enjoy the spectacle. And this is the first Godzilla film I've seen where he's purely used as a guardian and defender of earth. So we can gleefully cheer the big guy on now.

No comments:

Post a Comment