Friday, August 1, 2014

Wetlands


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes

Wasn't really prepared for this one. I missed it a Revelation Film Festival in Perth so was good to finally catch it here in Melbourne. A German coming of age gross-out comedy that takes the gross-out to new and daring levels. I regretted eating a burger immediately proceeding this one. There were a couple of moments that even made me queazy, and I don't usually get that way.

The comedy works and the drama works. It's visually kinetic from the opening titles that are reminiscent of Fight Club. It's a really fun and pop style that's used to tell a wonderfully outrageous coming of age story front he point of view of a very subversive character. Definitely one that's gonna stay with me a while. Seek it out if you're feeling adventurous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment