Monday, January 3, 2011

Life During Wartime


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Amberly, Jordan

Yay! This was great and I can't believe it's already the 3rd and this is the first time I've been to a cinema. But honestly there is crap all out right now.

So the recasting issue is not so bad. I don't know how this film would play to someone who hasn't seen Happiness first, there were a lot of allusions to events from that film. And the dead character from the first film, well, he's still dead and just appears in ghost like visions so that's that cleared up.

Now, while nowhere near as painful (in the good way) as Happiness was to sit through this film still has it's fair share of hilarious and awkward moments. Allison Janney is of course wonderful, especially her first scenes talking to her son about getting wet.

All in all I think I like Happiness more, that film has a hell of a kick at the end, this one is much more contemplative, nevertheless the chance to spend some more time with these characters is a treat. A definite for Solondez fans and for anyone else, well, I'd like to know what you make of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment