Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Frankenstein


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

I figure this is the closest thing Kenneth Branagh has done to a genre film like Thor. Saw it on my shelf and thought I'd dust it off and give it a watch.

It's alright I guess. The production design is very pretty. It's tells the story well enough, I did't have much of a problem with the acting, it was shot well, the music is great. There just seems to be something a little lacking. Something of an artifice, like the same way I find Shakespeare impenetrable. I get it, it's fine, but not really for me.

I'm more perplexed by Thor now than ever. That and the Green Lantern are two big unknown quantities to me. I'm just hoping it's not as distancing as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment