Tuesday, April 26, 2011

*batteries not included


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Jordan, Amberly, Tyler, Josh

Ahh, another great Albin film from the 80's. I grew up on this one but sadly most everyone I know has never heard of it. It is one of the sweetest family films you'll ever find. Just look at it's credentials! My god what a team.

I think you can really feel Brad Bird's input in this script it has that same warm 50's family feel the Incredibles does. All that is accompanied by another great James Horner fantasy score even if you can hear bits of Land Before Time in there.

What got me with this one as a kid were the great special effects, another in the last of the photochemical compositing techniques, but what gets me about this now is the heart of the film, the great characters and the simple drama that unfolds.

They make little robots cure. I think Wall•E is the only film since that comes close to being able to do that. Great film.

No comments:

Post a Comment