Saturday, April 16, 2011

Disturbing Behavior


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Amberly, Jordan

Watching scream must have made me nostalgic for 90's teen horror. This, along with The Faculty, are my favourite slightly sci-fi of the bunch. This one's a but invasion of the body snatchers/stepford wives transplanted to high school.

It features THE best cafeteria school groups exposition in any teen film ever. It also has James Marsden who is just dreamy and Nick Stahl who is just the best. And a fantastic 90's score by the great Mark Snow who's patches I can always instantly recognise from years of watching the X-Files.

The other reason this one stands out in my mind is the crazy quotable "teen-speak" dialogue in Scott Rosenberg's script. There are a heap of lines I still quote to this day.

I think the first half of the film is stronger than the second half. It doesn't really have that much of a climax. It's there but it just ends up being a punch up which is a let down.

I can't disassociate all the nostalgia I have for this film though, it's probably far worse than I see it but I just remember all the lines and scenes and I had great time catching up with this one again. I miss the 90's.

No comments:

Post a Comment