Monday, May 9, 2011

Timecrimes


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Jordan

I'm using this trailer, even though it isn't that great, because the American one basically spells out the whole movie. And this is a good one to go into clean.

I love a good low budget sci-fi thriller. I especially love time travel movies when done as non paradoxically as possible. Therefore I absolutely love this film which doesn't cheat the time travel rules and just reset everything whenever they need, or create parallel universes where everything works out ok. All the actions in this movie have very real and dire consequences and the time travel only complicates things. But there is always one constant timeline and that is the most important thing to me.

Well that and telling a damn good story, done extremely well. It's scary, a little funny, and a whole lot of tragic. But still completely enjoyable and satisfying.

Such a cool film.

No comments:

Post a Comment