Friday, May 13, 2011

Water for Elephants


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

Not really sure what Francis Lawrence saw in this story. I found it to be pretty average. The main problem was the central relationship. The whole story hinges on the audience wanting these two to be together but I didn't feel it. It was more a case of just get her away from crazy ass Christoph Waltz coz he's scary.

Twilight fans will probably like this though, it has the same cold dead relationship only this time there is some actual sex.

It's easy to garner sympathy for a guy who helps animals, especially saving them from cruel owners. But I don't think Robert Pattinson earns much else.

The music's good, the production design was really great and it was impeccably shot. But the rest just didn't click. I haven't read the book so I don't know what kind of adaptations it is but the film isn't making me want to go read it any time soon.

And not once did he get water for the elephant.

No comments:

Post a Comment