Thursday, June 30, 2011

Murder by Death


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself


Peter Falk's recent passing prompted me to view this one again. I know him best from the Princess Bride but to most people, he's Columbo. This is Neil Simon's send-up of all those detective novels, where characters from various franchises are thrown together to solve a ridiculous murder and they got him to parody himself. 


I'm a Clue loyalist, I think that's a far more successful comedy and murder mystery but this one has its charms. It certainly has an impressive cast. The humour is much more idiotic and simple though. Much more of a farce. 


I've just read there is a sequel with Peter Falk as the lead called The Cheap Detective. I'll have to check that out. But this is a fine little comedy, especially if you're a fan of all those murder mystery novels. 


Murder By DeathClue: The MovieThe Cheap Detective

No comments:

Post a Comment